After playing quite a bit of dress up in my latest outfit posts, wearing my beloved basics again felt like a much awaited return home. I’ve expressed my love for simplicity time and time again, both here on the blog, and in my day to day conversations about fashion and personal style, and while I am aware that most people would have added and added to this minimal look of mine, I was happy to complement it with a few whispers of color and not much else.
Honestly, there’s nothing more refreshing than the thought of looking pretty and chic with little effort, that’s why I truly believe that basics should serve as foundation for any modern wardrobe, regardless of aesthetic and style. I may not be an expert in the field but I believe in investing in:
– a classic, white button-down shirt; I need one that’s less stiff and more fluid, I’m thinking silk;
– a basic white t-shirt, for layering and breaking down an outfit;
– a denim shirt, to pair with …well anything and everything, really;
– a fitted pair of jeans, be them skinny, boyfriend or flared;
– a classic blazer, in white, gray or black;
– a nice pair of flats + a chic pair of pumps, be them pointy, colorful or neutral;
– a faux-leather jacket, for added edge and for when the weather begs for it.
These items alone make for countless outfit combinations that are both on the easy and effortless side, so picture them mixed and matched with the rest of your wardrobe: endless possibilities and plenty of versatility, I tell you. With that being said, I’ll leave you with the pictures, shot by the ever-talented Andra <3 Thank you for your time and patience my lovely ^_^
Have a wonderful and sunny long-weekend guys, lots of love and see you soon!